About The Job
We work on innovative solutions, which have a high impact on our clients (HealthCare, Banking, IoT, Big Data, and cutting-edge Web & Mobile Applications).
Quality and learning are two critically important parts of our DNA, we have embedded in the way our agile delivery teams work. We structured our delivery organization in so-called competency teams (e.g. front-end development, back-end development, testing, etc.). The competency teams are used for coaching and personal development, to share professional experiences, and to standardize and innovate our way of working across the various delivery teams.
Some of our senior and principal professionals are offered the opportunity to become a competency team lead. In this role you spend approximately 20% of your time coaching up to eight of your peers and developing your team's competency. In this role, you will contribute also to the delivery management.
As a (Senior) Java Developer you must be able to:
- Work on multiple projects (sometimes also at customer side)
- Be a good team player
- Take software architectural decisions with the solution architects
- Involve fully in hands-on development: using Java as the main programming language, plus Spring, Hibernate, and other open source technologies
- Coach less experienced team members
- Know the importance of code quality and can apply properly the methodologies, such as TDD
- Have good experience with Agile methodologies
Why talk in years of experience? What works for us is you having experience in a senior or lead position, with end delivery responsibilities, within a project team for example. In the past years you coached other (junior) developers and worked in an Agile environment.
- Java, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, Restful Services (Jersey or Spring MVC), RabbitMQ
- Experience with at least one or two databases, such as MySql, PostgreSql or Oracle
- Experience with integration frameworks such as Apache Camel or Mule
- Test frameworks for BDD and TDD such as Serenity or Cucumber.
- Search frameworks such as Solr or Elastic Search
- Experience with Software Security and Network Security
- NoSql Databases, such as Cassandra or Redis
- Experience with AWS
Our main working language is English, so a good command of the English language is required. And if you have a good sense of humor and a passion for technology, then we’re looking for you!
We offer a challenging learning environment and cool creative and innovative projects. You join a growing team of creatives, all working to bring their expertise to the customer. We coop in teams, learn from each other ánd our employees represent the best talent from around Europe and beyond, and we're very proud of what we've achieved already!
We offer you a range of nice perks too: a competitive salary, training via our Academy, health insurance compensation, a free pension plan, 25 holidays + bank holidays, travel costs compensation, free fruit, Friday afternoon drinks, and lots of fun in the office! And with 30+ different nationalities in our Amsterdam office, you could say we have a diverse culture, and we’re proud of it!