As our Lead Java Developer you:
- Will take ownership of our regulatory reporting systems, our internal risk reporting and management information systems. As a Fintech company there are a zillion things to do here eg to expand to the cloud, optimize our connectivity to the exchanges, cater to change requests of existing software. It requires pro-active ownership thinking.;
- Will be delivering to our trading platform;
- Work directly with traders to gather requirements for models and testing;
- Development of multi-threaded desktop applications;
- Development and maintenance regulatory reporting applications;
- Maintenance of enterprise web-based applications and cloud-based back-end service applications;
- Practical programming experience in any language; Python and/or C++ preferred; Curiosity and inquisitiveness, eagerness to learn and improve each day; A constructive critical attitude; Affinity with financial markets is not required, but would be beneficial.
Nice to have (need to learn): Java FX or Swing; Amazon Web Service (AWS); EC2; Route 53; S3; SES / Work Mail; Lambda; RDS Aurora; SDK; Tomcat; FIX protocol and engines (QuickFixJ or other); Bloomberg EMSX API and Bloomberg DAPI Eclipse; Bootstrap; JQuery; Knowledge of financial products and trading;
- Have a strong technical background;
- Have great business sense;
- Are User-Minded;
- Have a broad knowledge of development, infrastructure and architecture;
- Can deal with responsibilities, flexibility and freedom;
- Are used to work in Agile/SCRUM teams;
- Have and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Think delivery and results are key;
- Are a real team player, but can work individually as well;
- Have a great drive and a flexible and critical personality;
- Have interest in finance / trading.
- Salary 80.000 - 90.000 euro gross per annum;
- working from home;
- a lot of responsibility;
- the opportunity to bring to company to the next level.
About the company:
Founded in 2016, headquartered in Amsterdam, this 3 person and growing company is an independent trading company specialized in trading European stocks through electronic trade execution. Next targeted market is the US. The company is a member of Euronext Amsterdam and Paris and Chi-X UK. The team consists of professionals with extensive background in the financial markets especially in the fields of trading, risk management and operations.
The company fosters an entrepreneurial, innovative, technology driven, team-oriented culture which rewards people for their contributions to the company as a whole rather than only in their direct area of responsibility. Standing still is not our business!